Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Bridge Over Troubled Water...





Our Classroom always starts out strong on Monday's and by the end of the week begins to collapse just like a bridge... speaking of which we learned about today. Every time we go to visit Mason's Aunt Makaya, he loves to go over the large bridge that leads to her town, I say "no hands" and Mason lifts up his hands as we go over the bridge. So today we decided to explore making our own bridge... We started with Marshmallows, toothpicks and playing cards. We then went on to connect the Marshmallows and toothpicks to form the structure of our bridge. I thought that I would be doing most of this part myself but as you can see Mason was quite good at it and participated equally. We then put our "road" on our bridge and Mason drove cars on it. This turned out to be a very fun activity that I hope he learned alot from....it certainly helped in keeping him entertained for the rest of the morning.

No comments: