Friday, February 8, 2008

Snow Ice Cream





Yesterday Our Classroom started out by making Snow Ice Cream! I remember making this as a child and trust me its just as much fun to make as an adult:) Start by trecking out in the snow and letting the child gather up as much snow as he wants to fill his bowl. Then when you are back and warm and toasty inside add 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 milk and a dash of vanilla and voila! Snow Ice Cream! Mason's favorite part in this activity was definitly the fact that he really got to make this ON HIS OWN. I have been reflecting on that fact today how so many times we as parents want to put our childs work whether it be art, cooking or written into a nice little mold. We want it to look perfect or appear so wonderful to us to other people I don't know.....Its something I will keep pondering and working at to let Mason's work be just that Mason's work reagardless of the mess or less than attractive appearance because deep down its the process or his "work" that I want him to most enjoy........enough with the rambling go eat some snow:)

No comments: