Friday, May 23, 2008

The Box Project


Race Track
Pirate Ship
Dance FloorOne of Masons favorite books right now is "Christina Katerina and The Box" so before just throwing away a box we had in the garage I decided to begin what I call "The Box Project". Just like Christina we turned our box into many different things that Mason himself choose. Some I forgot to take pics of. There are many developmental skills I could touch on that this encompassed but nothing impressed me more than the pure Imagination that oozed from each activity done with the box! I worry in the world we are in that children's imaginations are being stifled by all of the advances we have now that I find myself trying to really encourage this kind of play with Mason however it is silly because it is something that comes so naturally to a child if we just give them the freedom to release it. So go out, find a box, and have fun!

No comments: